Bronze Turkey Cooking Guidelines
Lets get started ... Preheat the oven to 180ºc (gas mk 4)
(If you have a fan assisted oven and cannot turn the fan off, reduce the temperature to 160ºc)
- Remove your Bronze turkey from the fridge and leave it to stand at room temperature for approximately 2 hours before cooking.
- Peel an onion and place it in the cavity to give it extra flavour.
- We do not recommend stuffing your Bronze Turkey, but you can obviously cook it separately.
- In a roasting tin, lay your bronze turkey, breast side down and season with salt and pepper.
The back of the bird holds most of the fat which will permeate through the breast and allow the bronze turkey to cook in its own juices.
We do not recommend using tin foil as this will result in a steamed skin rather than a crispy one.
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, turn the bronze turkey over to brown the breast (be careful of hot fat).
- Season the breast of the bird with salt and pepper and then insert your meat thermometer halfway through the thickest part of the breast and place back in the oven.
- Check every 10 minutes until correct temperature is reached and remove from oven.
To manually check, insert a skewer into the thigh and when the juices run clear remove from the oven.
If the juices are pink, place back in the oven and keep checking at 10 minute intervals.
- Allow to stand for 30 to 60 minutes before carving.
- The stock that is produced from your Bronze turkey will truly be the best and makes amazing gravy.
- Simply skim the excess fat from the top of the stock and then scrape all the delicious crispy bits off the bottom of the roasting tin.
Bronze Turkey - Breast Roast
Baste the breast roast with butter and season with salt and pepper.
Roast at 180ºc (mark 4)
1kg - 1 hr
1.5kg - 1 hr 15 mins
2kg - 1 hr 30 mins
Bronze Turkey - Whole Bird & Crown Roast
Times are without tinfoil and stuffing in the neck only
4kg - 2hrs
5kg - 2 hrs 15 mins
6kg - 2 hrs 30 mins
7kg - 2 hrs 45 mins
8kg - 3 hrs
9kg - 3 hrs 15 mins
10kg - 3 hrs 30 mins
11kg - 3 hrs 45 mins
The Carve ....